I like to keep things simple when talking to clients about their health. It can be very overwhelming to understand all of the components of healthy living when you’re making a lifestyle change. There’s so much information to take in. However, you must get these 5 things right in order to be successful on your fitness journey.
- You need to build muscle to change your body and your mind. Physical strength builds mental strength. As you feel yourself getting physically stronger you will feel more confident in other areas of your life. Strength is power.
- If you eat crap, you will feel like crap. Your body is a machine. Fuel it with REAL, whole foods as much as possible. Hint: that won’t come in a box.
- The only effective exercise plan is one that YOU can stick to. Find something you like to do and keep doing it. Your body will adapt so continue to increase length and/or intensity to avoid plateaus. Don’t commit yourself to something you hate and a schedule you can’t maintain.
- Your body hears what your mind says. If you wouldn’t say it to your kids, or your mom, don’t say it to yourself. Would you tell your kids they can’t do something they are trying hard to achieve? No, so don’t tell yourself that.
- Unless you’re a professional boxer you don’t need to get to a specific weight. Focus on your body’s composition rather than the number on the scale. Also, if you consistently repeat numbers 1-4 the weight will take care of itself.